Christmas Tree Storage Bags
Christmas tree storage is important in protecting the life and beauty of your artificial Christmas tree. Christmas trees and decorations require proper care and storage in order to ensure long life and premium displays. Although your original boxes may work for the first year or two if properly taped, we suggest you store your tree in christmas tree storage bags to prolong the life of your investment.
- Tree storage bags will protect your tree from dirt and moisture, and will help maintain the structural integrity of the tree
- Tree bags keep the branches from getting bent and deformed
- Tree storage bags will also help in protecting the lights on the tree
We recommend not stacking anything on top of your Christmas tree storage bag. Place the tree bag on a flat surface in a cool and dry location where the temperature will remain relatively constant. If at all possible, avoid storing your Christmas tree in an area with extreme temperature fluctuations, like an attic or garage.
Christmas Tree Storage Tips
There is no better time to get ready for the next holiday season than when it's time to take down your Christmas tree. Before storing your tree, take a few minutes to check for any burned out light bulbs, damaged wiring, or broken connectors. Doing this now could save you considerable time when putting your tree back up next season.
Replacement Christmas tree lights are easiest to find at the very beginning of the season, long before anyone puts their tree up. By knowing ahead of time that you will need to replace some lights on your tree you'll avoid the headache of having to find extra light sets at the last minute next year. Once all the lights have been checked and the branches compressed, your Christmas tree is ready for storage!
Christmas Light Storage Tips
Beware the tangled mess! Chances are you spent a good bit of money on your Christmas lights, so you'll want to protect your investment. Use our Christmas storage tips below to keep your decorations looking like new!
Christmas Storage Tips
- Store decorations in a cool, dry place. If possible try to avoid environments that experience extreme temperature fluctuations, such as a garage or attic.
- Avoid tugging your Christmas lights to get them down. Instead take a little extra time to remove and store your lights carefully; your future self will thank you!
- Label each storage bin with what it contains. This is an easy way to find what you're looking for and know exactly what is in each box for easy access.
- Wrap lights around a flat piece of cardboard or place each light strand in its own plastic bag to ensure no annoying tangles and for easy storage in bins. You can cut a notch on each end of the cardboard to hold the end plugs of your light string or just tuck them in underneath the wound up lights.
- Hook your wreath to a hanger and place a garbage bag over the wreath. This will ensure your wreath will not get squished between other objects and the garbage bag will protect it from dust, dirt, and bugs. You can store wreaths inside a closet, from a hook, or on a coat rack.
- Wrap Christmas light strings around your elbow and palm to create a neat circle, much like you would when winding up a hose or power cord. You can then put them in a ziplock bag and label the bags based on location or hang the light loops off hooks.
- Organize smaller, breakable tree ornaments in a clean egg carton, place these egg cartons inside a sturdy box for storage.
- Use a large plastic bin and start by filling plastic cups with ornaments, fill up the bottom of the bin with plastic cups. Place a layer of thin cardboard over the top and repeat with the plastic cups until you fill the bin.
- Wrap bubble wrap or tissue paper around your decorations for extra protection during storage.
Christmas tree, wreath, and lights storage should not be overlooked or taken for granted. Trees and ornaments can keep their structure and beauty for years to come if properly stored, and unpacking and repacking is much easier and less stressful when the proper storage solutions are in place.