Careers at Christmas Lights, Etc
- > Careers at Christmas Lights, Etc
- > Available Jobs - Photographer
- > Web Content Specialist
- > Writer / Social Media
- > How to Apply
We are HIRING at Christmas Lights, Etc!!
Wouldn't you just love an employee discount just in time for the holidays AND in a fun, exciting work environment?
We have Immediate Job Openings for local candidates only, in many areas from seasonal work, part-time jobs to full-time careers and great internships. We are only seeking the best individuals to join our fast paced and rapidly growing company! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
About working at Christmas Lights, Etc
Christmas Lights, Etc is a market leader in seasonal items in both the retail and wholesale industry. Product focus includes artificial Christmas trees, Christmas lights and holiday decorations. As a notable and established INC 500 eCommerce business dedicated to being a responsible corporate entity, we are committed to being a positive economic force for our nation. We strive for a work environment where we hold ourselves and each other to the highest of ethical standards, going beyond just being leaders in our industry but luminaries thriving to encourage, empower and mentor others.
At Christmas Lights, Etc both personal and professional integrity are part of our ethical standards. We foster a leadership environment and challenge traditional set roles, by rewarding those that find new ways to work that are innovative, better, more efficient and more effective.
We work together to bring people of different talents, temperaments and motivations into our workplace that honor our values, achieves our mission and serves our customers!
Since 2000, our core values and strong ethics have been the foundation in our commitment to employee-driven integrity. Our company values have continued to carry over through our dedication to being a responsible corporate entity in all markets we serve. We have built our business by offering high quality retail and wholesale merchandise at competitive prices, with the support of our highly trained customer service and sales departments, never outsourced and always local. Our superior computer engineers actively maintain the infrastructure with our proprietary e-commerce platform to meet the intense technical requirements, which includes the logistics for our own state-of-the art fulfillment facility attached to our corporate offices.
We attract only highly qualified professionals and talented individuals that embody a winning attitude and embrace our corporate visions!
- Flexible Hours
- Seasonal Overtime for Hourly Employees
- Development and Training
- Unlimited Growth Potential
Employee Benefits: We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Competitive Salaries
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Supplemental and Life Insurance
- 401k Plan
- Casual Dress Code
- Employee Discounts
- Company Sponsored Events
- Executive Team Open Door Policy
- A Really, Really Fun Work Environment
Now Hiring! Product and Lifestyle Photographer
Our fast growing e-commerce company is seeking a skilled photographer with excellent editing and organizational skills to join our Web Content Team! The ability to think outside the box and experiment with new techniques is desirable, balanced with a willingness to handle tasks that are occasionally repetitive in nature. Work environment is fun and constantly changing, with existing standards in photography, and more to create.
- Strong knowledge using manual camera controls for ISO, aperture and shutter speed
- Familiarity with Digital SLR camera, lenses, filters
- Ability to use and stage lighting with external flash and soft boxes
- Excellent Photoshop and editing software skills
- 3-5 years in professional photography position
- Training/education in photography/media field
- Team player who can work cohesively with multiple departments
- Ability to train co-workers to receive assistance in day-to-day photo and editing tasks
- Excellent image file organization
- Keen attention to detail and strong composition
- Video editing skills
Please provide examples of work via a digital or online portfolio. Salary based on experience. Email cover letter, resume, and work examples to email@example.com
Now Hiring! Web Content Specialist
Christmas Lights, Etc is seeking applicants who are energetic, motivated, and enjoy challenges in an environment where learning never stops. A strong understanding of customer and consumer needs, along with a basic understanding in marketing principles helps to ensure products are created to best assist the visitors online shopping experience.
- Create textual content for web pages including category descriptions and new products
- Implementing editorial policy
- Maintain 3rd party product information on websites including Amazon.com
- Perform quality website reviews to ensure pages are correct and up to date
- Analyze data reports and create alerts when pages are not at optimal performance levels
- Perform image manipulation tasks such as resizing images, correcting file formats, and updating images as needed
- Handle daily website update tasks using a tracking system
- Respond to web content feedback reviews, comments and suggestions
- Work with Marketing and Purchasing departments to assist with project needs and deadlines
- Must be able to work in team environments as well as independently
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively
- Strong organizational skills with focus on being conscientious and detail-oriented
- Strong computer skills and conversant in web basics
- Ability to think logically, work systematically, and troubleshoot
- Associates degree or higher
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and social networking websites
- 2+ years experience in related field
Interested candidates can mail cover letter, resume, and work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Now Hiring! Writer / Blogger with Social Networking experience
Join the Christmas Lights, Etc family and bring your writing and blogging experience to our Web Content Team. Ideal candidate will have experience developing blog with posts that resulted in reader engagement via comments and social sharing. Candidate should possess a strong comfort level with social networks and communicating via social channels including Twitter.
- Increase engagement and brand awareness via company social networking accounts
- Monitor social channels for opportunities to increase brand awareness and reach, send leads to sales and marketing teams, and engage consumers and public
- Create and share engaging, informative blog posts designed to grow brand awareness and meet additional business objectives
- Track and aim for established social and team target metrics, finding new ways to meet targets throughout shifting trends and changing seasons
- Assist in the content research and development of high quality, top traffic company resource pages
- Analyze traffic and increasing brand awareness to ensure channels are properly aligned and the message is reaching the desired demographic/audience
- Work with various departments and cross functional teams to ensure social branding and media needs are met
- Maintain appropriate business personas when engaging via company social platforms
- Display established competency with various social channels, whether personal or business
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and juggle social and content tasks for a variety of website and product focuses
- Must be able to work in team environments as well as independently
- Excellent written communication skills
- Associates Degree or higher
- Proven success in developing blog posts that result in reader engagement
- Experienced in maintaining social accounts
- 2+ years experience in related career field
Candidates should provide links to social accounts and examples of blog posts with strong engagement. Salary based on experience. Email cover letter, resume, and work examples to email@example.com
Applicants - How to Apply
Qualified candidates who are interested in exploring job opportunities at Christmas Lights, Etc should send resumes with a cover letter to the following:
Attn: Karen Ramminger
205 Curie Drive
Alpharetta, GA 30005
*Please include the title of the position you are applying for, industry references, and when you will be available on your cover letter.